"caride:First caride:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 02:08:27 -0000
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this list so Let me know if I ever say or do anything not
acceptable.

I'll begin by telling you about myself (it's a place to start at least)
My name is Trish and I have 11 Ferrets.  You know when I got my first
ferret from a pet store I would have never guessed that I would ever have
so many In fact I swore up and down that Baby would be an only Ferret.  At
the time I didn't know about ferret math and have steadly aquired more and
more ferrets.  Finally we stopped saying, " this is our last ferret.  We
arn't getting anymore"  Every time we said that within a few weeks a new
member would join our home.  Baby of course was our first and 3 weeks later
came Akikazu (didn't take long for ferret math to strike us)  Last October
We suffered a major hearbreak.  I came home to find that my cat of many
years had gotten into a left out tray of antifreeze (how people can be so
careless is byond me) she didn't make it.  After leaving the vets we went
to the pet store and to celibrate the life of our cat we purchased the
largest ferret kennel we could find.  Huge Kennel, 2 ferrets, we figured we
could get a couple more ferrets to help fill the void in this Mansion of
Kennels.  After surching we found a local shelter and adopted 3 (yes all at
once) Ferrets, Charity, Fancy, and Heidi.  Within a month I was contacted
by the shelter.  The breeder that they had come from decided to give Two of
Fancy's daughters up to the shelter for adoption.  I had to have them so
again I made a trip to the shelter, Not only picking up Mocha and Cascade,
but also brought home Bear (i'm a big sucker for a lovable ferret and he is
just so sweet)

We decided at that time to open our own local shelter and aquired Diva and
Harley from a Humane Society.  They have since been adopted to very loving
homes.  We have not recieved any more shelter Ferrets.  Well again the
breeder I got now 5 of my ferrets from contacted me with yet another ferret
of her's up for sale, We jumped at the chance and got Dancer.  By the time
we got home we recieved an e-mail asking if we ever considered breeding,
After a great deal of thought we decided that this is what we wanted to do.
So just the other day we went and picked up our first and only breeding
ferret.  Also at that same time we stopped by the shelter (same one we got
our other ferrets from) and ended up taking home another wonderfully sweet
ferret, so aquiring Phantasy and Got`e.

I have an adorable story I would love to add but I can send that tomarrow,
I don't want to dominate the list with a long involved letter.  Oh yeah we
live in Washington state north of Seattle.

that's plenty for now.
Trish, Baby, Akikazu, Charity, Heidi, Fancy, Mocha, Cascade, Bear, Dancer,
Phantasy, and Got`e
Dawning Sky Ferrets home page http://www.home.earthlink.net/~caride