From:
Dawn Tepley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:49:23 -0500
Hi All,

I would like to thank Colleen and Bruce for finding the Stevia websites!
Just to make things clear, one of the recipes that I posted is from a
cookbook called "Kaiser Permanente Home Health Book." I am not possitive
which one the other is from.  The book containing the info about sugar
and many other things is called "Allergies and Holistic Healing" by Skye
Weintraub N.D.  There are many herb books out there, and since herbs are
getting popular, the books are just that, out there.  The good ones like
the above contain lots helpful info and usually say something about Stevia.

Vets, techs, or anyone who is in the animal medical field, have you ever
heard of Milk Thistle???  In people it help heals the liver.  I was
wondering if ferrets or other animals that have liver failures, can use it
safely to help heal their liver????  (I was wondering because some people
on the FML have had ferrets with liver problems, maybe this could help.) A
good book describing milk thistle and how it can heal your liver is
"Natural Liver Therapy: Herbs and Other Natural Remedies For a Healthy
Liver" by Christopher Hobbs, L.Ac.  I am asking about this now since we
are on the subject of another herb, Stevia.  Milk Thistle is different from
stevia, and I will not use anything like Milk thistle without the approval
of a vet.  My family takes it as a supplement to help clean our livers.
Any info about this for ferrets will be appreciated.

Bright Blessings,
Heidi T.