From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:51:13 -0400
Lisa of Tidewater wrote about preferring carafate - I'll certainly ask my
vet about that the next visit (in just over a week).  Sounds like lots of
people prefer it.

However, I've had tremendous luck fooling Noodle with using a 1/4 combo of
flagyl / ferretone and flagyl / pet tinic.  Noodle will take both without
spitting them back up, so we're fine for now.

As far as Pepto goes, Lisa said 'in small amounts.' I got the chewable
tablets and have been giving 1/6 tablet 1x-2x/day, so I hope that qualifies
as 'small.' Dumb me thought, oh, they hate the taste- easier to hide a pill
than to give the liquid form.  Well, I just crush the pill and hide it in
Duck Soup anyway.  I could've done that with the liquid form.  Feh.

Noodle's much, MUCH more active now - he keeps trying to beat up on the two
houseguests but he's lost too much weight to bowl either of them over so he
sticks to beating up on Easel.  Btw, two serious questions: is what Noodle
has, since he's responding to the meds, transferrable to the other ferts?
Specifically Potpie, who has an ECE-ravaged GI tract?  The other two (Friday
and Easel) are just dandy, as are Koko and Sloan (aka 'the Duh Brothers').
Second, Noodle's still got some hind end wobbliness - his hind end will
wander back and forth as he's trotting around and he looks like he's
unsteady on his feet.  The vet said that the blood loss indicated by the
anemia could cause this.  His hind legs aren't weak, specifically; he can
stand up on them to beg for treats still.  Noodle's doing MUCH better
alertness-wise, but still poops out after about 30 minutes of play.  The
second vet appt is to do another blood test to check for continued anemia -
if it's a slow blood leak somewhere he may need to be opened up for an
exploratory.  I guess my actual question is, if it's an ulcer, is recovery
really this slow?  He has gained back about an ounce of weight, happily.

Melissa and the five Terrors of the World (guest starring Sloan and Koko!)

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters