From:
Heather VanWagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:52:35 -0700
Hi my name is Heather, I am currently owned by only one ferret, Eddie.  We
are in the process of finding him a friend to adopt.  My question is for
all of you experienced in ferret sickness... Last February Eddie got really
sick.  He would not eat, only drank water, slept constantly, had very little
poop... if any..it was runny, and he threw up a mucus looking substance once
and a while.  Extremely concerned, i took Ed off to the vet, who did not
know much about ferrets.  She gave him a fecal exam thinking maybe he ate
something bad.  While at the vet he received his rabies & distemper shots.
At this time the sickness wasn't that bad, it got worse.... Eddie lost
almost half his body weight and had shed a lot of his fur.  The vet told me
to keep a close eye on him and I even called others for second opinions,
they all said the same.  Well, in about a week and a half Eddie's sick was
gone.  He is now a very active ferret and hasn't shown any other signs of
being sick.  Does anyone know what this was?  Wish I had known about Duck
soup then!!  Also, does anyone know of a good ferret knowledgeable vet in
the Louisiana area?  We live in Leesville, just north of DeRidder.  Also, if
anyone knows of a vet in Florida, the Ocala area, it would be appreciated!
We will be traveling there quite frequently in the next two years and moving
there after my husband's Army time is up.  Thanks in advance for any help
you can offer!!

Fuzzy hugs to all!  Heather & Eddie...
(hey guys.... What is a dook?  I'm sure I must be dooking but I don't have
a clue what it is!!!  Can you help??)