Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 12:12:55 -0700
Hello to all in FML land!

I just wanted to let you know how Sammy is doing and to thank a couple of
people.  Just to recap, Sammy lost his hair on is tail.  It grew back but he
started losing hair on his stomach and then a general hair thinning.  He has
also lost too much weight.  He is a MF Silver Mit.  He is a rescue from
Houston,TX and I do not know his exact age.  He is approxately 3 to 4 years
old.

I would like to thank Dr. Bruce Williams for his help and referral to the
Midwest Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital in Westchester, IL.  I saw Dr. Robert
Ness there, who is wonderful!  He determined that Sammy has Adrenal Disease
and also, through blood tests, determined he has Insulinoma (blood-sugar
count of 66).  Sammy also has a mass cell tumor on his left rear leg.

I am a truck driver and drive the 48 states so I have the opportunity of
going almost everywhere.  I am from Idaho and will be there for the
holidays, so I have arranged to have the surgery in Idaho Falls, ID on
December 29, 1997.  During the surgery the vet will remove any diseased
nodes from his pancreas that can be found, remove the diseased adrenal, and
remove the tumor from his leg.

I would be very interested in any advice that you would like to give me and
what I can do post-op for Sammy (food, keep him in a quiet place or out
where he can see what s going on, etc.)

I would like to wish all of you out there a wonderful Holiday Season!

Jason Poole

Sammy & Doris (The Lights of my Life!)