From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:35:17 -0700
Sammy is doing great.  He has recovered very well from his two major
surgeries in 4 days.  Today he did his first war dance since the operations.
It only lasted about 4 seconds but I'll take what I can get!  I know that
some people say that it takes a while after surgery for the hair to grow
back but Sammy forgot to read that.  10 days after the surgery I took him in
to get his stitches removed.  You could barely even see the stitches because
of all of the new hair.  It is wonderful to see him doing so well.

I just found something out and thought that I might pass it on to ya.  I
have some good friends in the Denver, CO area.  I was staying with them last
weekend and mentioned that I needed to find a vet to take Sammy's stitches
out.  They told me that only 2 blocks away was a wonderful animal hospital.
In fact, it is THE hospital that the show "emergency vets", that airs on the
Animal Planet, is filmed at.  This show has been spoken of a couple of times
on the FML.  A while back someone spoke about the operation where a ferrets
spleen was taken out.  This was the place where that operation took place.
They always mention on the show that the hospital is "Alameda East Animal
Hospital", I never realized that it was in Denver.  So the vet that took out
Sammy's stitches was a TV star.  Cool.  Also, for anyone that is in the
Aurora (a Denver suburb) I want to recommend them.  They are very reasonable
in the pricing.  During the visit I was there Sammy received and exam,
rabies vaccine, and had his stitches removed.  Doris had an exam and also
received the rabies vaccine.  The entire visit was only $28!  I couldn't
believe it.  The Vet that took care of Sammy and Doris was Dr. White.  She
gave me permission to mention her here on the FML.

Doris is now growing up. (sniff sniff)  She is no longer my little baby
girl.  How do I know that she has grown up you ask?  Well she has started
stealing my wallet out of my pants at night.  When I wake up I will find my
wallet and then I have to hunt for the credit cards and the bills that she
took out of my wallet to her favorite hidey hole!  I now have to remember to
put my wallet up every night or else I get to go on a treasure hunt in the
morning!

Thanks for letting me babble here.

Jason, Sammy, and Doris