From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:16:06 -0700
My son's birthday is July 22nd.  He has wanted an Albino ferret even since
we got our first in Dec 98.  Since we already have four (unexpectedly,
hehehe)and I live with my mom, I asked if we could have one more.  We were
waiting for Tracy (runs a shelter in Spokane) to send us a picture of an
Albino for a few weeks.  Found out Carol (in Normandy Park) had the
sister's of the mom.  So called Carol to see if we could see the kits.
She said "it would be fine to just see them since she was busy."  So when I
called to tell her we were coming, she talked about having the extra ferret
which her neighbor changed her mind and didn't want.  So their family ended
up with 3 ferret's instead of two.  She wondered if maybe I would like her
even tho she needs to be spayed.  They love the ferret, but had really
planned on having two extra, one for each child they have.  When we got
there the little girl showed us which Albino was hers and we marked the
head of the other.  I asked Brennan if he liked her and he said yes.  Well,
he likes all Albino's.  Carol said "why don't you take her for a day or
two and see how it goes." So I told Brennan we would babysit Daisy.  OK, I
lied, but I was not going to say she might be his birthday present.  We
really had not planned on bringing back a ferret.  She is about 4 months, 3
weeks old.  She is 2 inches shorter then Slinky our big boy, hehehe.  She
weighs more then Sabrina our baby.  Daisy is abit nippier then ours were
when young.  Finally got approval from Tracy.  Daisy is getting along Great
with our ferret's and sleep with them now.  She dooks real loud which is
cute....She is so playful and full of spunk.  We had wanted a male because
they are so much bigger then the females we have.  Was told the mom was 2.5
pounds so thought that's big enough.  The dad is 5 pounds so think Daisy is
going to be a big girl.  She is quite big and beautiful now and has a few
months to grow.  She will be spayed at about 6 months.

So please say a prayer that the Ferret Math Stops at 5........ Never did I
think I ever would have 5 ferret's.  The people posting on the boards are
all to blame for this, hehehe.  Now hope everyone else stops ferret math
so I won't get addicted anymore.

Debbie