From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:57:46 -0400
Do you have ferrets which have favorite body parts on you or another family
member?  Haleakala adored my belly button -- literally -- she would groom
it and snort into it, and kiss it.  If Steve touched it she'd poop on his
foot and then she'd intensively groom my navel (which stung when she'd feel
that a bit of that fur groom incisor pinching as needed at the edges after
her daddy had ruined it).  Fritter had my left breast.  The right didn't
matter; had to be the left.  Hjalmar had the line right up the mid of my
thorax.  Jumpstart likes my right eyebrow but not the left, and find my arm
pits appealing.  Ashling enjoys my nostrils.  You get the idea.

How about your furries?

Also, what is the stangest place where one you have known has gone to the
bathroom?  Was it once or repeated?  Know those little plastic caps that
are over the screw-tops on some non-alcoholic wines?  Fritter used to play
"hockey" with those, and when she'd tire of one she would poop right inside
it -- kind of like a person sitting on a narrow toilet seat.  Didn't tend
to miss at all.  Then she'd pat herself clean nearby and get on with life.

The folks asking recently about heart problems will be interested in Karen
Purcell's (Dr. Karen) article in the most recent Modern Ferret, along with
other info from multiple sources.

We use a Honeywell Environcaire hepa filter air cleaner.  (Actually, we
have three in different parts of our home and really like them.)