From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:19:47 -0400
Know how Ela is always saying that peppermint oil discourages ants while
not hurting the ferrets?  Another thing upsetting for some insects is
citrus peel oil.  Well, we had tiny, tiny fungus beetles coming up the side
of the building and right through the mesh of the screen, then eating the
ferret food and getting bigger (still small but for them a huge increase).
We had a LOT of them coming in -- one window sill black with them at one
point; I think it's their way of managing when pesticides are used in the
condo gardens.  I put peppermint oil and lemon peel oil on the window edge
and they stopped coming in.  (Plus, the place smells really good!) Find I
need to do it about every 2 or 3 days.