From:
Wayne Rothe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 15:32:30 -0700
We recently were given our first ferret by friends who didn't want her
anymore. She's a great pet.

I believe good nutrition is important for every creature but can't get
Farrah to eat anything other than dry cat food. She won't take the bits
of meat, vegetables and fruit I've tried to give her. I read a book on
ferrets that sadi they will eat lots of different things, but Farrah
obviously doesn't read the same books I do. I gave her some Linotone but
she started acting funny and wiped her mouth on something to get the
taste off. the next day some of her stool was orange. I thouight ferrets
like Linotone. We now put some in her food so she's getting some.

I know ferrets sleep a lot, but this one sleeps constantly. We're in a
cold climate and our thermostat goes down when the house isn't occupied
and I thought maybe she does that to keep warm as she sleeps tunneled
into a pile of clothes or some place warm. Anyone know about this?

Also, we don't know how to house train Farrah. She usually goes on paper
we're set out for the purpose, but she still goes in other places as well.
What's the best way to train her?

Any advice from veteran ferret owners to a newcomer would be appreciated,
about the orange stool, getting her to eat a more balanced diet, her
sleeping habits andhouse training her.

Also, she's been biting and licking herself on her body. Might she have
fleas? How does one find out and what do I do about it. Comments may be
posted or sent to my e-mail.

We are really enjoying our ferret. She's lots of fun. I can't imagine a
better pet. IN fact, I wouldn't mind getting another one.