From:
Wayne Rothe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 11:05:29 -0700
I have a concern about safety when we take our ferret outside. We use a
harness and leash sometimes, but have also let her roam freely (with
supervision, of course). My question concerns our deck. When she's in the
backyard, I'm worried she may explore under the deck in our backyard and
we might not be able to get her out. I know she'd come out eventually,
but are concerned she may explore down there for a long time or come out
at the other end and wander off unnoticed. I suppose I could board off
the underside so she can't get in. I don't think Farrah would get injured
under the deck. Does anyone have any experience with ferrets and decks,
porches, etc.? Any suggestions or comments are appreciated to the FML or
to my e-mail address. Also, is there any danger that Farrah would run
away when she's outside with one of my kids, ages 10 and 12 and very
responsible. What about encountering another animal and having an
altercation? She's come upon dogs and they've checked each other out
without incident, so far. Thanks for your replies.