From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:18:39 EDT
Earlier this year, I worked very hard on trying to find new ways of making
my shelter more self-sufficient - by filing for grants, getting our name
out, participating in local humane society programs -- and while some
helped a great deal (getting to know other humane organizations helped a
bunch!) some didn't -- but I am very pleased to announce the following:

For the United Way Campaign starting this October, The Ferret Haven
"By-the-Sea" will be included in BOTH the Virginia Peninsula 2000
Combined Federal Campaign and the South Hampton Roads 2000 Combined Federal
Campaign -- and will be listed in the LOCAL section of the CFC brochure.
This means that anyone participating in the United Way Federal Campaign
for these areas can either select the shelter as the direct recipient for
their donation, or the shelter can receive a portion of their donation if
they check the "keep it local" choice.  The areas covered are from Newport
News, VA to Chesapeake and everything in between.

If you are in the South Hampton Roads area, the United Way Agency number
for The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea" is 8106; If you are on the Peninsula,
the United Way agency number is 6207.

This took a lot of work and a whole lot of scrutiny from both of the
organizations' ruling committee -- and I hope that it will allow us to
better care for the shelter ferrets.  We won't know how successful this was
for us until February 2001 -- but no matter what, I feel that it was worth
it all just to get the word out about ferret shelters and the work that all
shelters do.  Thanks to everyone that participates and donates - even if
not to The Ferret Haven - we appreciate every little bit!

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854