From:
Mia Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 11:45:58 -0800
Hello
Due to the overwhelming negative response I received to my post that due to
my unexpected pregnancy we were wishing to place our retired breeders ASAP,
including numerous flames (How dare I get pregnant) and 3 suggestions that
I get an abortion so that I may better devote my time to the ferrets.  We
are closing our doors, I no longer wish to be a part of a community that
can't even be kind for the sake of the animals that we are all supposed to
care about.

So as of now we are no longer breeding or sheltering ferrets.  Other than a
few select pets that I cannot bear to part with ALL ferrets must go.  We
have eight ferrets in shelter at the moment 6 of which need to be fixed.
Four will be needing continuing medical care for various ailments.  3 don't
get along with other ferrets and must go to only ferret homes.

We have several lovely breeders of excellent lineage all two years of age
and younger, including some foriegn stock that will be available to
established reputable breeders with references.

There are also a few loving, trained, retired breeders available to
approved homes.

Please remember that this is not because I don't love my ferrets, I love
them very much and I cry whenever I think about letting them go.  But I can
no longer deal with the 'ferret eat ferret' mentality out there.  So if you
love them as much as I love them please help me place them with good loving
families.  Anyone interested may contact me at <[log in to unmask]>

Mia

(Sorry to say it, but my 'miracle baby' is far more important to me than
any four footed furry)