From:
MR CHARLES R ONKEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:44:27 -0500
For those of you who could not attend the FML 10th Anniversary Party in
Orlando last week.....I have a deal for you.  I have about 2 and one-half to
three hours of the Saturday, January 24 dinner and reception on tape.  There
is about 5 minutes of the dinner, and the rest is the reception.  You will
see BIG and many of the "heavy hitters" in the national ferret community.
If I tried to list the names, I'm sure I would leave someone out.  Rather
than offend anyone by leaving their name out, I'll just say that you will
see the faces of many people whose names you have seen for years.

The tape is NOT a professionally done job.  I just put my camcorder on a
flimsy tripod designed to hold a 35 mm camera and let it run.  I did do some
panning and zooming in and out.  You may also have to crank the volume up to
hear some parts of it.  The tape is raw and unedited, including a couple of
blips where I had to change tapes and batteries, but I think that just about
everyone who attended the Saturday evening part of the party are on it.
Also, since I used two VCRs to do the copying, there are tiny "flecks" in
the tape because two VCRs so close together both tuned to channel 3 tend to
add a slight interference.  I just want you to know that what you will see
and hear will NOT be up to the standards of slick, edited, enhanced
professional videos.

With that said, now comes the money part.  Tapes run about $2.00 each.
Padded mailing envelopes are about the same.  I'm guessing that postage will
run about $2.00 also.  I would like to ask between $8.00 and $10.00 for the
whole package.  Any money left after tape, envelope and postage I will give
to our local ferret club, the Central Florida Ferret Friends in Orlando.  We
are a small group always in need of funds (aren't all ferret rescues and
shelters?).  If you would like a copy of the tape, send something in the
price range mentioned above.  You can make the check out to me, or if you're
REALLY trusting, heck, you can even send cash.  Your choice.  I'll try to
make copies as quick as I can and get them sent out.  Hopefully, I'll get so
many orders that it will be a few days (not weeks, I hope, but who knows?)
before I can send them out.  Send me your email address with the order and
I'll let you know when I get it and when your tape goes in the mail.  I
probably would not be able to make more tha one copy a day, but I'll do my
best to get them out as quick as I can.

If interested, my mailing address is : Charles Onken, 13 South Alden Street,
Kissimmee, FL 34741-5507.