Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 15:33:07 -0400
Well, I just got back from the Vet.  My bandit's face was swollen this
morning and he wouldn't even eat a piece of banana (his favorite).  I was
waiting when they opened the doors.  Thinking he had a abcessed tooth (one
of his front teeth was brown since I adopted him).  The Doctor said she
thought it may be a tumor and would keep him, sedate him & take a needle
aspiration of the swelled area to see if it was puss or if she should test
for cancer.  The x-ray was ok, but she felt a 'tender spot' in his abdomen.
Sure enough, the 'lump' was not puss from an abcess, so she sent a sample to
the lab.  She also pulled the tooth.  I guess I'll know more Monday.  In the
meantime she gave me CHLOR-PALMITATE (an antibiotic) to give 1ml 2/day.  Has
anyone heard of this stuff?

The good news is that he ate when he got home-headed straight for the banana
dish.  He's sleeping right now and I'll be watching him for the rest of the
weekend.

I was hoping it would be a long time before I had to go to the vet for
anything other than vaccinations.  I've lost three other ferrets over the
years and dread these visits because they ultimately end up the same way.
It breaks my heart.  I hope this is different this time.

I just wanted to get this off my chest.  My friends already think I'm a
'ferret freak' They wouldn't understand.  All I ask are for your prayers.

Here's Hoping,

Donna