From:
Eunice Keely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 01:17:55 EST
I would like to know if anyone has any information on male agressive
behavior, what is normal and what is not.

Many of you have multiple ferret families.  I have a neutered male who is
2 1/2 years old.  Calvin is very lovable and the best pet I've ever had.
We decided to get Gypsy who is a 1 year old spayed female.  He is obsessed
with pinning her down and trying to get on her.  There is alot of hissing
on both parts and their hair is standing out all over.  We are keeping them
seperated and only out together under supervision.  He has had adrenal
surgery and I need to know if this behavior has been experienced by other
ferrets out there - or is it a symptom of this disease.  Gypsy is a sweet
girl and I can't bear to hear her squeaking - he doesn't seem to bite her
and does not draw blood but will not give up on this type of behavior.  We
have their cages side by side and when they are out individually they are
both happy go lucky.  He ignores her when she is in her cage.  Let me know
about your experiences introducing new ferrets.

Eunice Keely
Calvin (I'm too sweet to be mean)
Gypsy (Girls just wanna have fun)