From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 06:19:48 -0600
Hi FML!  This is Elizabeth, daughter of the mad scientist Bob C!  I'm back
for Christmas.  I have been gone learning how to fight fires down in Texas,
and I forgot how cold it is up in Missouri.  Dad picked me up in Kansas
City, but I didn't remember my jacket, so he insisted on me wearing his.
We stopped for lunch at the mall, and because of the holiday traffic, we
had to park a long way away from the mall, so by time dad got inside, he
was almost blue.  So, he decided to buy me a new jacket, even though I have
several.  He told me it was because he loved me, but I know he just didn't
want to walk back to his car in a t-shirt.

Dad's ferrets are doing great.  Silly and GW are gigantic!  Dad thinks they
will be even bigger than Carbone.  They are already larger than Tui.  Silly
barks and screams every time he roughs it up with the others, so it sounds
like someone is pulling off his fingernails.  And ALL four boys STINK!!!!
Carbone smells like a skunk!  And Tui and Silly are almost as bad.  Poor GW
just looks confused with the three boys start to get lovey-dovey, if you
know what I mean!  Dad feeds them chicken and frozen mice twice a day, and
they just suck it down.  Yesterday was their monthly fast day, and all of
them were running around and tasting my ankles.  I was sure I was going to
be their dinner a couple of times, but dad just kept saying not to worry,
I was worth several meals and could probably crawl away between attacks.
Yeah, that made me feel better.

Dad was in a great mood today!  Someone from the FML sent him a brown
Padres cap, I think to replace the one he lost when he was hit by the kid
in the pickup truck.  It was really nice, even though I don't know who did
it.  He was in such a good mood, he even let me drive the car while ice was
on the road!  Someone should send him a hat every month!

Well, its good to be back, even though I will have to return to Texas in a
couple weeks.  Dad has promised he will drive down for my fire school
graduation in February.  Then I get to learn how to jump out of airplanes.
Well, dad has already made sure I know how, I'll just learn it the smoke
jumping way.  Somehow, I don't think it will be as much fun as when dad and
I go jumping together.

Elizabeth, former chief pooper-picker-upper and current fire dog.