From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:44:49 EST
>Has anyone seen the sign that would be hung on a door, it says something
>like.."I can make it to the door in 3.5 seconds..can you?", I think it
>says caution on the top and a picture of a ferret.

My brother-in-law has one for his fence about his dogs.  I made one for one
of my ferrets cages once, it said "My teeth can make it to the wires in .2
seconds, can your fingers move that fast?" Luckily that ferret has mellowed
with age, and now falls asleep in my lap :-)

Most local sign makers could make your sign in a variety of ways.  Why not
go ask a couple and get pricing.  It is easier to go in person so you can
use the samples in their shops to get exactly what you want.

As far as the Zupreme goes, we had a sample of it.  It sat around for a
month or so, actually until someone described the smell of it to me as
"elephant dung-like".  Of course my curiosity as to what it really smelled
like got the best of me, and I opened the bag.  The person was right, and
I chucked it.  Why?  Well, I figure what goes in comes out smelling a LOT
worse, and no thanks.

>What happened in NJ?  I often wonder how we know if the shelters we
>connect with through the net are really places we would associate with
>in person.  Blind faith is a wonderful thing till we know otherwise I
>guess.

If you are referring to the seizure of animals in South Jersey that the
ferrets were turned over to Kim Rushing of Kista, I can certainly vouch for
Kista.  Although I have never been to Kim's place, I personally know of
three "picky" people who have, and they have all giving glowing remarks
such as "cluttered but clean", "no smell, remarkable considering the number
of ferrets", and "ferrets well cared for in clean cages".  I would have no
problem sending people to her for adoption or surrender.

Anne