From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:34:30 EST
I just want to tell you all (warn you?) about doing business with the
Styles Company for their ferret checks.  They are the checks and address
labels with the photos from Jeanne Carley's Ferret Calendar.

About two months ago I tried to reorder checks.  I had ordered them about
14 months ago, and had a satisfactory experience at that time.  This time
around, it was pitiful at best.  They had no record of my original order.
I ended up having to fax in my reorder slip.  Two days later I finally
recieved a call telling me they could process my order, but I would have to
mail it in.  I asked why they couldn't take a credit card, especially as I
had already faxed them my reorder slip (they had misplaced it!!), and they
gave me the run-around about it.  Finally they said, fine, took my cc info
and told me I should have the checks in two weeks.  I paid for express
processing and shipping.

I waited three weeks, and followed up with a telephone call.  They had no
record of my order, and went as far as to accuse me of lying about placing
it in the first place.  (I even had the name of the person I had placed it
with, she of course "had no recollection of having spoken with me".)

I finally worked my way up to a man named Steve Grooms, who is some sort of
manager.  After I spoke with him at length, he assured me that my checks
would be printed the next day and shipped FedEx, and I would have them
Tuesday.

Tuesday came and went, and I got no checks.  I followed up with them this
morning.  They printed my checks, sent them Monday, via regular bulk mail,
and it will be 6-8 days before I get them.  Maybe.

I will NEVER do business with the Styles Company again.  I am going to
reorder an emergency supply of checks from my bank today, then go back to
ordering ferret checks from the Kansas Banknote company.  Maybe they aren't
as pretty or colorful, but their service is great.  I ordered checks from
them for three different accounts over a span of 3 years, and always had
a good, friendly transaction.  Their number is 888-800-2979 by the way.

If anyone has any other sources for Ferret Checks, please let me know.
Thanks!

Anne