Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 04:23:29 -0500
I sympathize with you Will.  I once had a ferret kit who's only pleasure in
life was biting the crap out of me.  The problem with Claudia was, she was
left in a cage with other ferrets for the first three months of her life
with next to no human contact.  It seems that ferrets can bite each other
very hard and not even feel it, but our skin just isn't as tough.

To stop Claudia's biting, I would promptly pick her up and hold her.
(scruffing only seemed to make it worse) Reason told me that the one thing
a ferret hates most in the world is being made to be still when they are
all turned on.

The next thing I did, when holding alone wouldn't work, was to force her to
be held until she recognized my dominance.  I know I'll be flamed for this