From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:38:12 -0600
We had an Olympics we received a lot of attention here in the Dallas/
Ft Worth area in September and one part was to send a representative to
be on the Jay Leno show (I think its him, one of those that film out in
California)  Our prez talked on radio show in London and we had a
"demonstration" of the ferrets on one of our local morning shows.

Well, before we sent our little lady out there to California, wanted to
clear she would be protected.  There was a pretty stiff fee for being
allowed to bring them in but the show paid for it, seems $750, but in
December the California Fish & Game administration turned down the request
(no refund).  The show people tried and appealed and then finally found
away to get around it that would be legal in bringing in the ferrets -
those using permits for special animals - they had a Detrimental Species
License, and they are Zoologists who use unique animals for display &
educational purposes, etc..  Then the show producer called to say the woman
from CA Fish & Game called him yesterday, and said she'd heard through the
Humane Society, he was planning on "going around" her.  He admitted that
yes he was, because from his understanding it was legal, through a
loophole.  She was a real "Natzie" as he put it - she said if he brought
our ferrets in, they would find them and they WOULD euthanize them!!!

We all out here are not so much troubled by what takes place in California
because it does not effect us directly BUT that is what is going on: a hard
nose attitude, the "we are going to win regardless" attitude - meaning they
will take someone's pet from out of state just going to be there a couple
of hours and kill it to prove their point.  I am not sure how these 4
little ferrets were going to ruin the State of California in the 24 hour
period they would have been there to film a show to be broadcasted across
the USA and further for enjoyment.

We sure have experienced a lot of losses in the month of December and
January and sympathies to all who had to experience it, we share those
losses with you.

Appreciate all the fan mail you all sent Carol about "my" causing her to
get another ferret.  I still don't know exactly how I got blamed for it and
I didn't get a sympathy card one about it either, just abunch of giggles,
and hehehes and hohohos

And all those who warned me how bad it would be when baby Ajax became a
true hob, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!!

Millie and her educating, reading the fine print noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  GRANDMA !!! SOMEBODY PEED IN MY HAMMOCK.
Cascade:  Somebody, choke spat, open a coughcough window around, choke,
          here, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
Ajax:  No Uncle Dizzy, I mean a magazine like Play Jills, not these
       graphic drawings of body parts.
Dizzy: Buy you books and buy you books and you never learn
Joy:   One more cold nose on my beeehind, Mr. Ajax and you are going
       to find your nose protruding from your beeehind.