From:
"Leah J. Eno" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:34:02 -0600
Hi.  I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Leah.  I am owned by 2
wonderful fuzzies, Gadget and Whitey (funny thing is that he is not white
at all).  I have lurked for about one year.  Over the year I have read the
Ferret Digest daily, taking notes and browsing the archives on just about
every subject imaginable.  I do not consider myself an expert in any
ferrety areas.  I am no where as knowledgeable as some of the people on
the list, as that comes with time and experience.  But what I would like
to put together will take the knowledge and input of many.

I have been in design mode for the last 6 months.  Scheming up ideas and
blueprinting a layout for a "Totally Ferret Web Site." I would love to
create a page with anything ferrety on it.  I knew that I would need a
lot of help with this since there are so many ideas for me to consider
and there is no way possible that one person can know everything about
ferrets. :)  So I figured that the FML people might be interested and a
super place to start.

I would love to hear suggestions and ideas on anything and everything.  I
would even love to hear suggestions on a name for the page.  The only thing
that I can come up with is "All Things Fuzzy" and "The Fuzzy Nook."  Here
are some of the ideas that I would like to incorporate into my page.  A
list of ferret shelters, with contact information and a link to there
website when applicable.  If the shelter does not have a website yet, I am
more than willing to post ANY information that you want about the shelter
(i.e. list of adoptables (and pictures too!), application information,
etc.).  I would also like to have a section that lists ferret events, a
section that lists ferrety clubs, and a section to list breeders.  I would
love to have a section for people to post information if they are looking
to adopt a fuzzy.  In addition to that I would love to have what would look
like a store front but would list individuals that are selling anything
ferrety and give any information that anyone might need to purchase those
items.  I would love to link to those peoples pages, and list items with or
without pictures for people that do not have a web page as of yet.  I would
also like to have a section that would consist of medical terminology.
Nothing to in depth, since those topics can run quite massive.  I would
eventually like to get very in depth, but that is going to take a lot of
time and a lot of knowledge.  To begin I would just like a quick run down
of the terminology.  Sometimes that can become a little overwhelming, and
if we had a place for people to go and reference what all of those big
fancy words meant I think that it could help a lot of people.  It sure
would have helped me. :)  I would even consider doing something for all of
the wonderful fuzzies that crossed the bridge.  Maybe Sandee would like to
help me out with that.  I am not volunteering you, just wondering if you
would be interested.  The ideas are endless.  I am constantly thinking up
new ideas, and I know that many of you probably have something that you
would like to share.

I realize that after hearing all of that it sounds like a lot to take on.
Especially for one web site.  I would like you to know that I am on my
company's team to design, code, and maintain our website.  So I do it for a
living.  But I do NOT consider myself an expert at it.  I know that I can
tackle with all of the ideas that you might have.  I do not however have
the knowledge of e-commerce.

Please feel free to send any suggestions to me at:

I would love to hear any suggestions or ideas that you might have, good or
bad.  I know that this project is going to take a lot of peoples minds and
knowledge.  And what a better place to start than with the FML.  Hopefully,
then I will have a chance to get to know all of you wonderful people on a
more persoanl level.

Again thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Leah