From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:56:11 -0600
Hi everyone, hope all fuzzies and their humans are doing well, I have a
problem that would sound absolutely disgusting anywhere but on this list.
Here goes: My ferrets and I live in a dorm that has linoleum floors.  I've
recently discovered several deposits of really old poop in various hidden
corners.  This doesn't sound like much of a problem... but it won't come
off the floor!  My roommate (who has got to be some sort of saint) and I
tried soaking it with water but that only got a little of it up.  It's like
it's been welded on there!  This isn't an immediate emergency, but I have
to figure out a way to get it off there sometime before June and I would
prefer to do it a bit sooner than that!  If anyone has any ideas about how
to get really old stuck-on poop unstuck, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Also, just felt the need to share something that happened just now: Illura
has always loved digging in clean litter, so having just cleaned the litter
box I told her very seriously, "Illura, I do not want you digging in the
box because you will throw litter all over and make a big mess." And
believe it or not, I think she listened!  She got into the cage and started
to nose around as usual but, instead of flinging litter everywhere like she
usually does, she proceeded to dig it under her belly, running around in
circles backwards and digging as she went, and may I say looking very
silly.  Still, she barely got any out of the box!  I'm so proud of her.

Rachel, and Illura and Lola the poopmonsters