From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:56:03 EST
Happy Valentines Day to all you ferret lovers!

According to the story I heard, a man called Valentine was performing
marriages for Roman Soldiers and their beloveds, and spreading the word
of God, way back when..  He was arrested and threatened with death if he
did not stop.

He was stoned and beheaded for refusing to bow to this demand.  But he
had followers who continued on in the name of Jesus.  And the church
later declared Valentine a saint.

So today on Valentines day, we celebrate marriage, and honor our
spouse, and remember with love our friends and family and all those
we appreciate...

This day obviously includes all of our ferrets.  I am greeted when I
walk in the house, and when I awake in the morning with kisses, nips,
scratches, and snuffling noses.  What a high comes from sharing my life
with these precious individuals.

And what a day to remember BIG.
Happy Valentines Day BIG.

Without this man...many of us would never have met on-line and formed the
years of friendship that I so very much appreciate.  Before the FML, no
one understood my love for ferrets.  No one understood my pain when one
of my babies died.  We are all so blessed to have this man in our lives.

Through him, who knows how many ferrets have been rescued, or found
homes.  Who knows how many shelter would have hung on as they have with
their shoe string budget and heart as wide as the sky without the money
raised here.

What committment and vision this man has.  Ferret MaGAzine now writes
about SOS and the people who form it, and the FML.  We can and have
collectively make a difference in the lives of many ferrets.  We vote.
We write.  We make calls.  We raise money.  We go to court.  We duplicate
transcripts.

And I believe that we HAVE collectively performed some of the most
unselfish acts I have ever witnessed.  Troy Lynn and the thousands of
dollars she spent out of her own pocket to organize the rescue of the
Utah ferrets always comes to my mind when I picture the person that
deserves honor and thanks.  Then the door of my mind opens, and names
of so many other FML ferret saviors rush out.

I wish to thank all of you for YOUR help over the years.  I have learned
so much from so many of you.  And your friendship means more than I could
convey in any writing.

It took many months after finding the FML to figure out how to get on it
and write anything.  It was like looking into the window of a home filled
with laughter, insight, warmth, sharing, friendship, and love.  But no
one could talk to me.  I will never forget wanting SO badly to belong to
THIS group........the FML.

My car is repaired, I can turn my head now, and the damage from the flood
from the broken water pipe has been handled on a rudimentary level.
Thank you for those of you who wrote to be of help and to share.

St. Valentiine would be proud of all this group has accomplished...look
at the rescues that have taken place.  Look at all the fund raising to
help shelters.  Look at the knowledge we all build here.  Look at how we
are changing the public view of ferrets through magazines, television,
ferret shows, radio, and just showing off our own little ones.

And what sport do my ferrets play Mistress Sukie??

Why, they make sport of me, of course.
Every day, rain or shine.
And I love it.

Thank you for letting me be a part of all this.  It is an honor.