Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:35:04 -0700
I would have to agree with what you say, but I would add this.  When it
comes down to it, it's not really a corporate decision that's going to
keep ferrets and other animals safe.  Corporate decisions are always
going to be based on their bottom line, no matter how it's masked in
humane treatment for animals.

It's the employees who are going to be the ones responsible for the
humane treatment of their animals.  Most employees, who take the job
because they like animals in the first place, will treat them humanely.
Some won't.  It's a reflection on the real life population.  I don't
know how you're going to change this, except to take instances of
inhumane treatment on a case by case basis.

What you can do is make sure you visit the pet stores in your area and
check out the conditions for ALL the animals, not just the ferrets.
Why not?  You're there.  If you only complain about the ferrets, you
sometimes get labelled a "ferret nut." I want them to know that my
nuthood knows no bounds.  Then say something when something's wrong.  And
then follow it up however you have to.  This method is alot better than
flinging some electrons to a corporate server which will probably just
spit them out, anyways.  Not that you couldn't do that too, but I'm not
sure how much good it actually does.  When you move your fingers, only
your fingers have to move, mostly.  When you move your behind, however,
all of you gets in the action.  See, BIG, I cleaned it up for you.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM

"Love is not an emotion.  Love is an action.  The action causes the
emotion.  Everyone wants to take the shortcut."