Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 19:48:12 +0000
Personally, I would like to know why is it when people ask questions
concerning this rescue we are deemed "slamming" Lori? I understand
maybe some don't quite think before they type but, to insinuate because
they are asking questions of accountability they are "slamming" Lori or
the rescue itself is ludicris. The ferret community are the ones who
stepped up to bat with donations etc. The shelters in our ferret
community are the ones who stepped up to bat taking on large numbers
of ferrets when they were already full. Does that give everyone in the
ferret community entitlement? Yes it does. For those that don't think
so... sorry but you're wrong. The ferret community has stepped in with
donations upon donations, they have a right to know. From volunteers
that were there, to us average folks. Volunteers that were there talked
of being taken out to steak dinners on food donation money. While,
others declined feeling the funds should go to better use. So, yes
people have a right to know where funds were misused or mishandled. It
serves two purposes. One to learn for the next rescue as it will come
because the breeding hiatis is only supposingly for 10 years (on the
farm). And also, to hold accountable those that do the rescue.

When rumors fly, it's because the truth is obviously not being told.
I see upteen number of post praising Lori for what she did... that's
good. She got them out. I implore that I feel the same way. BUT, it
does not release her from throwing out numbers (god awefull amounts for
such a short time in the shelter) in expenses that she is not willing
to justify to the people who donated to this rescue. That's simply
wrong. Rumors fly when things don't add up. People do have a right to
know if their donated funds were misused and mishandled.

For those of you that claim we don't have a right simply because Lori
took this on and she's "busy" which I imagine she is... we still have
that right to question. Lori has a right not to answer to use until
the final accounting comes in for tax purposes. Then it will be made
available for anyone that wishes to see it, it's the law. Yes, we could
all wait for that faitfull day, biding our time and tapping our feet.
More than likely, we will have to.

So, I too wait for that day. But until that day, we have lost precious
time. Shelters are out funds and room and when the next big rescue
hits and those with unanswered questions do not donate because of this
misuse of funds, and because lack of trust.. that's when the ferret
community will take one step back.

Yes, there will be people that still donate, but it will be less. For
those that applaud Lori's efforts, good for you. I do applaud her
getting them out of there but I still hold her accountable for the
thousands of dollars that poured in. For those that believe not is
not the time, well that's your standing. Things just don't add up
considering first hand accounts from people that were there. And
whether you choose to sit back and just applaud, well that's your
choice. Mine however is not. I don't deserve, nor does anyone else who
is questioning the funds spent to be chastized for asking questions.

Don't knock my right, and I won't yours.