From:
Meryl Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:28:29 -0800
I came across this post below in one of the FHL (ferret health list)
posts of 2007. Mostly I take care of rescued/elderly ferrets who
are used to kibble, and I became interested in the kibble/raw diet
discussion mentioned in the FML 2010 - #323 -ferret diet in the meeting
with BobC who has been doing so much hard work on ferrets in New
Zealand and world wide. I happened to search the FML and FHL archives
on diet discussions for more information, and found in the following
email a very interesting account of one of the Portland International
Ferret Congress symposium sessions at which BobC spoke (and wished I
had been able to attend).

This post about the conference mentions the various ailments discussed
by vets, eg cardiomyopathy (which my ferret Babs has and is doing well
on lasix and enalapril), and the lack of a connection to dental disease
(which Babs has - she's lost all her canines and gets her remaining
teeth cleaned every few days), and that dental disease is not caused or
cured by feeding kibble. BFF diet is mentioned as well. So I copied the
post and thought the readers of the FML would be interested in what
Danee wrote after attending (thanks for the post Danee - those vet
discussions must have been fascinating.).