From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 14:36:53 -0500
Michelle (hi, there! remember me?):

I *know* what kind of ferret food your talking about (tan, flat, round)
-- 8-in-1 Ferret Diet. My ferrets absolutely *love* that stuff! In fact,
if you can tell me where to get some, that'd be great, as I can't seem to
find it down here in ole Virginny anymore.

Of course, they hate the pellet stuff. One "fun" food I've found with my
crowd is Nutro Max adult cat. This stuff is in really big pieces, which
they think is all the better. It's a good quality food too, so check it out.

Re: food

Just to add my $0.02, we "serve" a mixture of Iams adult, Nutro Max adult
and Pro Plan adult cat foods. They like the variety, and they are all in
excellent health (well, except for the nasty cold germ Daddy brought
home). Even though Ian has insulinoma and Elektra stomach ulcers, they
are in great shape.

Of course, we "serve" ('cause that's what those babies think we're doing)
the 8-in-1 Ferret Diet with the rest when we can get it.

Re: baths

Clip their nails, and prepare to get wet. That's our advice.

Re: colds

Dr. Williams, how long should I wait to give them baths after a cold? All
five had it for a week (and then gave it to Mommy), during which time
they were on Amoxicillin. I wouldn't even care normally, but show season
is coming around this area and they still have a few fleas. Everyone
stopped showing any sneezing, snotting or coughing by yesterday.

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)