From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 16:28:24 -0500
Hey folks! Haven't been able to post in a while, and am just now catching
up on all my FMLs (only 2 more to go :) ). Don't you just love work?

Anyway, there are a couple of things I felt the need to share with
everyone. One is regarding the "Ferrets Unmasked" video -- we're (Dave
and I) in it! I thought it was a fantastic production, and kudos to Dr.
Williams, Pam Grant and everyone else who had a hand in it.

RE: Max Cat: I've been using it for four years with no problems
whatsoever. Just about everything with any fat in it has at least a
miniscule amount, and I'm not convinced it causes any problems.

Dr. Williams, we send our sympathies at this difficult time. I've never
lost a parent or grandparent, so I cannot possibly understand exactly how
you feel, but those of us in the ferret community think you're something
special.

And finally, I must tell you about the wonders of brewer's yeast in my
houselhold! (I'm sure Pam Grant will agree, since she's the one who
suggested it! :) ) I have an 8 year old ferret, who's had a "rat tail"
since her bout with the green slime two years ago. She also has ulcers,
and would go through periods of not eating. Since I have begun adding
brewer's yeast to the food canister, not only have all my children's
coats become soft as silk, but Elektra is growing hair on her tail!!!
Dave and I couldn't believe it. In fact, she's not had any stomach
problems at all since I began using it 3-4 months ago. She weighs about
3/4 pound and eats probably about 8 times a day. It's incredible!

Maybe Pam or the docs could clarify exactly how brewer's yeast performs
in the body. I'm not sure myself -- I just know if you're not adding it,
try it!

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)