From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:24:19 -0700
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Ferret for sale in paper
>
>...someone selling a Ferret with cage for $200.  Instantly I start
>feeling sick to my tummy,... Asking for money makes me think that the
>person probably doesn't have much love for the >Ferret nd thinks of it
>as an object.

Personally, in an "open market" like want ads, I'd rather see someone
asking for $200 (or more) for their ferret rather than giving it away for
free.  Generally speaking, people that PAY for something will take better
care of it because they have their own MONEY invested in it.  Generally
speaking, when someone gets something for free, they dont' take as good
care of it because, conversely, they DON'T have their own money "invested"
in it.

Further, a PRICE dissuades people who might be workin for a lab.  It's an
ugly world out there and there ARE people who scan the papers for "free"
pets that are then sold to the labs for a profit.

So, I say, if you're going to find a new home for a ferret or any other
animal in the want ads, ask for money!!!

Renee