From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 08:58:50 -0500
        I can't believe that someone who got a ferret as a gift didn't have the
sense to read up on them after they had it.  Does anybody know if that lady
can be reported to the ASPCA or something like that?  I always heard that a
person who cruelly mistreats an animal can be reported to the ASPCA.  I
would say that not only her ignorance in finding out the facts, but also
the careless attitude towards the inevitable outcome are distinct signs of
animal cruelty.  She just let that poor little girl die.  Michelle, if you
find out that her actions were cruel and she can get fined or something, I
say do it.  The ferrets death wasn't just an accident, it was clearly a
case of neglect and cruelty to that animal.  People like that don't deserve
to EVER own pets.  Even ones that they want.  I'm not that financially
secure, but I'll be damned if I was going to let Nibbles be in danger of
getting distemper or rabies just because it cost over $100 to get the
shots.  And who cares what a vet bill costs if she ever needs medical
attention.  She's far more valuable to me than a paltry sum of money.

Jim and Nibbles

P.S. - Nibbles wants to find any other ferrets out there interested in
organizing as the Litter Pan Movers of the World.  She says they'll later
petition the Union for entrance, once the union founders hammer out all
the details of the Union Rules.