From:
Katharine Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 09:07:04 -0400
Jen B <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>As for cost, my vet charged $60.00 for the implant procedure (which
>included the standard $35.00 office visit) and although that was more
>than I expected, his office was the only one in my area that felt
>comfortable and confident enough to order the implants and do the
>procedure.

Clearly, many vets don't understand what the melatonin implants are.
There is no "procedure" to it.  It is an injection.  It is the same size
needle/implant as a microchip, and is implanted in exactly the same way.
Any vet who has implanted microchips should be quite comfortable
implanting the melatonin capsules.

I have implanted a number of them myself, in my own ferrets.  The needle
is quite daunting at first, a 12gauge.  But, the ferrets don't seem to
notice it if you have them occupied eating something.

Katharine