Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 12:36:05 +0100
>Hi, well said.  We don't have expensive ferrets in the UK, normally they
>are free and at most only $35 from private breeders.

You seem to forget that the ferrets in the USA are sold *neutered*.  They
may cost $100.00 but they are already neutered.  Here in the UK we get
them either free or for around $15.00.  But then we have to pay to get them
neutered.  Depending on where you live, that can cost a lot, $70.00 or
more.  So our ferrets are not that much cheaper than the ones in the USA.
Unfortunately of course there are a lot of greedy people here who are too
tight to get their ferrets neutered and then breed, breed, breed or just
leave their jills in season... And then of course our ferrets are cheaper
than the ones in the USA.

From Ulrike
and Jilly, Jack, Igor, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno, Rose,
Jasmine, Barney and Spike

Missing Angel and Hope

West Wales Ferret Welfare
http://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk