From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:18:31 -0800
Hi Dick!

You know, when we moved the shelter into this rambling 1892 farmhouse,
there were mice everywhere!  Thanks in part to the partial dirt basement.
Within 10 days of ferret residence they were gone.  In the Spring following
we had moles on the front lawn-- so I made up jugs of ferret tea, we
watered the lawn with it-- since then no more moles.  Then 2 years ago- a
local farm family from Rindge had a rat problem in their large barn-- so
the called and asked if they could collect the litterbox remnants they made
2 trips, 2 weeks apart & picked up feces & sawdust residue from pellets --
the rats were all gone from the entire barn-- and they never called last
year-- so my thought is-- the ferrets themselves may not be needed--- try
using some litter box remnants!

Alicia
at Ferret Wise