From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 09:04:47 -0500
My boy Max is a strange one.  When we first got him, he would not eat the
8 in 1 we fed all the others.  So we made the switch to Pro-plan kitten
(Lamb & Rice Formula)  He seemed to be OK with that.  Here in the last
few weeks, he stopped eating and made burping noises as if his tummy
was upset.  To the Vet he went where we found glucose was fine and he
possibly had an ulcer.  We started him on Carafate and liquid mush made
from Gerber lamb or chicken and kibble which he ate heaps.  I just
finished a batch of chicken gravy last night and he slurped that down no
problem.  I feed him once in the morning and once in the evening.  He has
actually gained weight, does not make the burping noise anymore and is
otherwise healthy, but just mopes around.  Now, it has only been a week
since Riley passed, and while he would chase her around and pick on her a
bit, I don't think he was all that close to her (though, when she perked
up for a little bit, she picked on him right back).  I may take him back
in soon, money is a little tight just at the moment, but I just though
someone else might have an idea.

James, Melissa, Kassidy & Jasmine

Loving:  Bebe, Fred & Max
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako, Riley