From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:49:11 -0400
Recently, Brenda Johnson of Ferretfarm generously auctioned a special
one-of-a-kind tee shirt to benefit the International Ferret Congress'
Emergency Love Fund and ferret victims of Katrina.  The auction went
through eBay's prescribed Mission Fish organization, set up to insure
that proceeds for items auctioned to benefit charities actually went
to the charities.

After the auction ended, Brenda tried to use the prescribed method to
send payment to the IFC, but the Mission Fish system would not let her
do it.  She finally just sent full payment directly to the IFC's Paypal
account.  I recently discovered that several other people have listed
items to benefit the IFC, but that we were not notified of by Mission
Fish as we should have been.

Brenda tried to auction some additional shirts to benefit.  At least two
people purchased shirts and Brenda has already sent payment to the IFC.
Unfortunately, since Brenda did not go through Mission Fish this time,
eBay has removed her auction and informed the purchasers that her auction
was illegal.

I have sent an email to Mission Fish about the problems we are having
with their system, but have not received a response yet.

If you wish to get your payment back, it will be paid by the IFC, since
we already have your money.

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org