From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:41:06 -0500
Leslie wrote:
>A week later, (yesterday-Friday) she went in for a recheck and the vet
>was amazed at how much the tumor had shrunk.

Prednisone/prednisolone is a chemo drug, and it is not at all unusual
for it to cause quite pronounced shrinking of tumors.  Unfortunately,
the effects are usually short-lived, and after a while, the tumor grows
again.

> the pred dosage was .50cc every 12 hours, the pediapred is 1.5ccs every
>12 hours.  Is this normal??  The bottle says the following: 30 pediapred
>6.7MG/5ML SOLN MPI

The generic version that I have is 15mg/5ml or almost 3 times the
concentration of brand name Pediapred, so tripling the dose going from
one version to the next makes sense.  There are also some versions that
are 5mg/5ml, so you have to be very careful is adjusting doses if you
change brands.

>besides the fact that she hates the taste and .50ccs was hard enough

I've had good luck mixing it in chicken gravy.  Make sure she eats it
all though!

I hope your little one does well.

Linda

International Ferret Congress