From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 08:25:45 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date:   Sat, 19 Feb 1994 22:40:36 -0500
> thing I heard regarding ferret legislation in MA is that it died somewhere
> in the process.

        This means it's a typical MA legislation attitude.  You never heard of
a tax bill die or a pay raise.  That's why I got out of that state.  Years
ago I thought live and die there.  Till I got taxed to the point of bankruptcy.
That and the fact I had a pay freeze for almost three years and those jerks
at the state house gave them selves a huge raise.  Sorry for going off the
edge here.  To you all that still live in Ma and have ferrets it's the
fish and game that realy doesn't want ferrets in the state.  Good luck
in your fight.  I hate to say it but I gave up about 5 years ago.  I hope
you all have a better chance next time the bill comes around.  At least
you got that far. Once again good luck.

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date:   Sat, 19 Feb 1994 23:36:41 -0500
> Subject: Daisy
> trying, and we had little treatment options (damn &$#%&#$%&#$ Calif. Fish &
> Game!!!!!),

        I know how you feel about the Fish and game as my post above show's.

        Sorry to hear of your loss.

        As for peppermint and ferrets.  Mine hate it. They wont come near
me after I brush my teeth.  Although Sebastian loves cinnamon tic tacs.
Whats funny is hell lick all cinnamon flavor off and discard the white
part.  I found this out by accedent.  A scary one at that.  He got his
hands on container full of them. Broke the plastic and got to the mints.
I don't suggest letting ferrets try tic tacs to me I think they are to
small and to easy for a ferret to get one stuck in there throat.  I will
let him lick one once in awhile, but I hold onto it while he does.

        As for having research labs on this list?  I hate the idea of
animal research but I also hate discrimination.

        Hope  you all had a good weekend.  Take care.

        Brad