From:
Charles Onken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:19:09 -0400
I also tried hand grinding raw chicken.  Now, I put the chicken in a
crockpot, set on low, and leave it overnight.  Turn it off first thing in
the morning and as soon as it is cool enough to handle, THEN it gets ground
up.  Goes through the grinder like grinding air.  It then goes into a pot
with other ingredients (a cup or two of ferret food, some honey, some
oatmeal) and the water from the crockpot is poured in and the whole thing
gets to simmer for an hour or two on the stove.  After it cools down
enough, it is then run through a blender and poured into ice cube trays
and put in the freezer.

Valentine and Snowball each get a cube with about a spoonful of water
added.  They head for the two cups with their gravy as soon as they get
out.  Slurp it down and then check the other one's cup to see if any was
missed.  The cube and water is microwaved just enough to melt the cube and
have a warm, NOT HOT, mixture for them.

Charles, Agatha, Donna, Snowball and Valentine
Missing Cujo and Bandit