From:
"Randall R. Duke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 19:34:30 -0400
Hello to all fellow Ferret lovers,

I have been reading the digest for about a year but, I'm not much of a
writer ." Lurker's Central right here."

Anyway, I have a small 1.5 lb albino female.  She rules the house ,the 80
lb labador, and of course her mom (that's me ) & dad ( that's the guy that
won't let her bite his feet, or sleep in the bed.)

Our fuzzy's name is Oblina.  Anybody out there ever watch Aggggh Real
Monsters ?  It's a cartoon.( really funny).  She is named for one of the
monsters.  We usually call her Wheezy for short.

I have always been a little worried about her low weight, but the vet seems
to think it is ok.  She has the run of the house and our back porch unless,
we have company.  She is very happy. :)"  Queen of everything"

One thing I was wondering about is how bad is heart worms with ferrets?  I
was reading that someone on the digest found a lost ferret that had heart
worms.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I live in the south and it is
mosquito heaven here.  Wheezy loves to stay on the back porch , which is
very safe & cool but, not screened in.  I can't imagine giving her a heart
worm tab.  She is so little.  Any feed back ???

My next remark is to all the folks complaining about fleas.  When I started
using Advantage on my lab.  All of the fleas died.  I didn't even have to
use it on Oblina.  No more flea combs.  yea!  I guess all of the fleas
jumped on Paddy ( our lab) had lunch and died.  I will see an occasional
flea on Ob (like one flea every other month.) I suggest that If you have
other pets start using Advantage or another brand on your larger animals
1st.  You will see a difference.

BTY Ob is a marshall farms ferret I'm assuming she has the two small blk
dots on her ear.  She will get right up next to me but, not in my lap I
wonder if this has to do with early weaning.  She also loves to be under
the sheets when I'm making up the bed.  It is one big party when I start
fluffing the sheets.

Learning a lot