From:
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:30:09 -0500
On Tuesday, 11/25/2003, I left for California with my sick brother for an
experimental treatment option.  The treatment/care is free of charge to
him, but I had to purchase the flight tickets.  Let's say Christmas will
be very small again this year.

Anyway, I was to take him there, get him settled in and return home on
Tuesday night.  When I lived in Texas, they were 2 hours behind EST.
In California, it is 3 hours, which I did not know or figure out in time
to catch my flight.  All other flights were over-booked and since my
situation wasn't life or death, could not bump anyone off a flight to get
home.  Since on standby, I spent the night in airport.

I woke at 5:30am to find my purse was missing with all my ID/CC's/money,
etc.  After making a report, went to the ticket counter to check flight
status.  There was no way I was getting home before Friday night/Saturday
morning.

I went back to the hospital crying, stressed, and feeling sorry for
myself.  This was courtesy of ONT airport because I had no money/access
to money for cab fair.  I called home to have Tony send money and handle
canceling the CC's.  Although this was not a funny ordeal, Tony found it
hysterical.  Then when I reminded him of his chores with the ferrets
while I was gone, he changed his tune. :]

Well, to sum it up, I got a flight out Saturday.  But, through all this
mess, there were blessings I am so thankful for.

1. Thursday (Thanksgiving) afternoon, my brother had a reaction to the
treatment and went into cardiac arrest while I was with him.  They got
him back in less than 5 minutes and he is fine for now.  Had my brother
not come back, he would not have been alone in his passing... I was there
holding his hand and reading the Bible to him when it happened.  Thank
You Jesus!

2. While there, I found his ex-wife and 12 year old daughters address
and phone number.  Landy hasn't seen his daughter since she was 2.  They
came to the hospital on Friday and I watched a miracle happen.  Landy's
face lit up and his whole demeanor/outlook on life done a complete turn
around.  He went from poor condition to good condition in a matter of a
few minutes.  We arranged for him to spend time at their house after he
was release on Saturday and had his departure ticket changed to Tuesday.
I picked him up at the airport last night and before me stood a new man.
I am so glad to have my brother back!  He is fighting for his life now. :)

Some people don't believe in God or fate, but I do!  All things happen
for a reason and I know in my heart, God kept me where I was needed.
Though I didn't get a turkey dinner, I had the Greatest Thanksgiving
Blessing I have ever known.  I thank my God for what he has given to my
brother, his daughter and myself.

I am very much behind on so many things, so please be patient with me.
I will get to any and all emails, applications, etc... in the order of
urgency.  However, I will not be able to make the Dec.  meeting.  If you
need supplies, email me [log in to unmask] your needs as I will be
meeting up with Linda of DnD Thursday afternoon.  Maybe I can get her to
bring stuff to a TriFL member on her way home or to the meeting.

Thank all of you so much for your continued support and I hope everyone
had and has a wonderful holiday.

Diane Campbell
Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven