Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:32:28 -0700
Hello to all you wonderful FML subscribers!

I want to first thank all of you who sent me E-MAIL regarding my post.  I
was pleasantly surprised by the amount of mail and also of the content
contained within the letters.

I am relating this information because I feel that it is important for all
of us to know what the general feal on the FML is.  At the time of this post
I have received more than 20 messages about the post.  None of them
disagreed with my assessment of Maggie's post.  Two of them did question my
motives behind my posting it publicly instead of sending her E-Mail
privately.  The rest have all agreed with me.  Most of them were very
enthusiastic about it.

I did receive one post that I feel I need to address publicly.  It was from
a gentleman that asked me why I didn't get upset (at least publicly) at a
number of other people who related sexually oriented stories in the past.
My answer to that may surprise some.  The answer is that I never read them
or else I would have probably responded.  You see, I have only been with the
FML since 10-19-97.  Since that time I have completely enjoyed this list.  I
cannot remember another post during that time that referenced a sexual
situation.

It is definitely possible that my expectations are set too high for this
list.  I have laughed, cried, and sat in wonderment as I have read the posts
over the last couple of months.  I had assumed that I have found a list that
held itself in high morals.  It is also VERY possible that I am just a
little too sensitive and should lighten up BUT so far the consensus is that
I am not over sensitive and that people out there want this list to be
exceptional and not push at people comfort levels.

Also, I have and continue to correspond with Maggie Mae through private
E-Mail on this subject.  The wonderful thing about this list and America is
that we have the right to our opinion and you have all just heard mine.  I
will now keep quiet about this subject UNLESS something really really
ruffles my feathers but until th en..........

Happy holidays to all!

Jason Poole
Sammy and Doris - The lights of my Life!