From:
"Irene E. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 19:28:46 -0500
<I was wondering why the California ferret effort doesn't have a celebrity
spokesperson.  It would seem to me that some celebrity should own or want to
own ferrets and live in California.  Has anyone looked into that?>
Melanee -  Not a bad idea...provided the celebrity is one who can be relied
upon to accurately relate the facts concerning ferrets and the issue of
legalization.  All too often celebrities are selected simply because of their
status and willingness to join a cause.  Sadly, **some** celebrities have
caused their chose cause more harm than good!  Also, any person who has
ferrets residing there risks losing them should s/he "go public."   That
problem would be avoided should that celebrity have more than one residence/
house the ferret(s) in a non-FFZ.
Irene & Kids (Mom, do they think we are criminals because we have a mask?)