From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:22:34 -0500
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>
>I have to agree with Benita Booker's post.  Deafness doesn't seem to
>slow ferts down or act as much of a handicap to them....
>
>FWIW, you can train a deaf ferret as well as any other.  Everything has
>to be tactile or visual to communicate, though....
>
>Don't worry about having a deaf ferret.

Greetings All,

I must agree here.  We adopted Faye from Ferret Business of GA BECAUSE
she was deaf.  Patrick was worried no one would want her.  You'd never
know she's deaf.  She's queen of the business and rules with an iron paw.
She's the most playful with us.  She loves to spring out and attack a
socked foot at a full gallop.  She will make it a point to trip you when
she wants to wrestle.  She will be beating the daylights out of one of
the other ferrets while screaming at the top of her lungs the whole time
LOL.  The first few times this happened we thought Salem or Bowser (our
really big boys) were hurting her.  The first time I found them behind
the couch.  Faye had Salem straddled on his back.  Had him by the throat
and was screaming away.  Poor Bowser got booted out of the sleepy sack
flat on his bum when he tried to climb in with Faye asleep.  I've never
seen a great big wanna be wolverine back peddle like that in my life!
So definitely don't underestimate the deaf ones.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser, Bailey, Ferry and Sugar the ferts
Pyewacket  & Azriel the cats
and Smokey the African Grey
Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.