Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:48:49 -0700
I have heard of the boric acid trick with ants, but honestly, I have
never bothered to try it. But now, living in south Texas (bug-ridden)
with my ferrets makes me desperate for a solution that will not involve
Raid or the like. I have noticed some rather large ants in my house of
late (I have long since learned to deal with fire ants and sugar ants,
but these guys are huge and make me really jumpy) and I have acquired
gnats. I haven't been able to rid the cage room (also my bedroom) of
them since the last time I had to go on a trip and had no one to clean
the cage. I have people who feed, water, and play with the ferrets, but
they just won't help with cage cleaning *sigh*. Anyway, does anyone
have a neat trick for the gnats? Moving the ferret cage has not helped
and I simply can't scoop every poop as soon as it happens, as I'm not
home for 10 hours a day. I bleach the cage once a week. Insect sprays
seem to have no effect on them and they give me a headache. I will only
use them when the ferrets can be out of the sprayed room for at least 8
hours.

Thanks for any ideas.

~Jennie