From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:19:17 -0400
Some have been asking about these two ferts and how they are doing.
First want to again thank FerretsFirst Rescue and Placement of NoVA in
Annandale, Va for what they did to retrieve these two who were destined
for being put down by the SPCA where no one wanted them and all they
did to get them to me. Thank you Robin and Lisa from the bottom of my
heart!

These two had been in the SPCA for a LONG time with three others. The
other three were placed but these two were left behind for many months
and left inside a small cage 24 x 7. They had NO out time, NO exercise,
and extremely little people contact other than SPCA workers walking
past in their daily work. These two were to be put down if someone
did not take them immediately so death for them was imminent.

By chance someone posted about them on the FML but they were way too
far away for me to go get. Several people e-mailed me explaining to me
the need these two had to be adopted but again was just too far off.

Then the FerretsFirst Rescue and Placement of NoVA contacted me and
said they could arrange to get them out of W. Va and to their shelter
for me to get if I was interested but I had to tell them RIGHT AWAY
where .... you know...

So I agreed to take them as is where is totally unknown ferts to me.
Had no idea what they were or condition or age or anything. I just
agreed. Then I found out they were younger ones, 2 years for one and
about 18 months for the other. No matter, I had agreed to take them.

Lisa or Robin had sent me e-mail explaining to me they were going to
have them in the next day and for sure the next day they did! Someone
that bowls with Robin went to W. Va and got them. Then at the bowling
meet they were given to Robin who brought them back to her shelter.
Lisa, bless her heart, drove them down to Fredericksburg where I met
her in the BJs warehouse parking lot and brought them here. Little
guys went thru a ton of hands to get here but they settled in almost
immediately. I guess was because they had been thru so many changes
over the past months this was nothing new. But now they have roots,
or are developing them.

They are in a huge cage with lots of out time but they are out for
just short time and on their own they go back to their cage. Guess
they are so cage trained they just go back 'home' rather than find
a hidy hole which most do.

RePete loved to be under the TV here in the puter room, Byte-me loved
to get under the bed spread to sleep with Nibble-ed and Kodo and others
had their own spots. But these go back to the cage. That is good where
I don't have to go find them before I open doors, they are already put
away so all I have to do is close the cage doors after making sure they
ARE in there. They always are.

They now have gained weight and body tone. They play hard and dook like
crazy, never heard ferrets make so many dooks. Great little guys for
sure. Am so very glad to have them.

Another benefit was one person read all these posts of mine and from
that she had decided to go to a shelter to get a new ferret rather
than a store! GREAT !

So that is how it is. Ferts doing first rats.

Gordon, Peekaboo, and Anxious.

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111