From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:59:26 -0400
We went to the vet this morning about the swollen female parts and the
discharge.  Though it could just be vaginitis, the vet said that rarely
happens and it is most likely a secondary infection to adrenal.  Kahlua
is now on amoxi and she had a melatonin implant done, as well.  We'll
be going back in a month.  Hopefully the melatonin implant helps the
swelling go down.  Though, she isn't that bad, every picture I've seen
on the Internet and in books is WAY bigger than hers.

The vet said that if it comes down to it, she is a good surgical
candidate.  I was quoted anywhere from $300 - $500.  Does anyone know of
anything more extreme than $500?  Initially, I was thinking like, $1000,
but then again, I've never been through this.  $500 I could afford.
Money is no object when it comes to my ferrets health.

So, it's touch and go right now.  I know melatonin is basically a
band-aid, but then again, I have no first hand experience with this.

From what I've read, the only real solution to this is surgery.  However,
they were hesitant to do it right now because this early in the game,
they weren't sure they would even know which one to remove.

I don't want to wait a long time and just keep her going with the
melatonin though, because right now she is a good surgical candidate
and I don't want her to get too old to be one.

Mary from PFRA and well, anyone else from PFRA, I know you mentioned the
Dr. from Altoona for surgeries.  Nancy from All Creatures told me Ellen
did adrenals.  Have you guys ever taken your ferrets there for that
procedure?

Anyone have any input on this?  I'm open to anything.

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wonder are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

"May it be you journey on
To light the day;
When the night is overcome