From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:56:55 -0400
So, I got home from work at about midnight and checked up on him.  He was
about the same, so I fed him some Gerber stage 2 turkey, which he loves.
Then I decided that I was going to give the pred a try, so about 1AM, I
gave him the .5 cc's.

This morning, I got up to let Kahlua out of the cage and check up on
Anakin again.  He seemed about the same, didn't want to try to come out
of the cage on his own, but came to the side where I picked him up and
proceeded to give him the rest of the jar of baby food.  Since he was
alert, I thought I would put him on the couch next to me so I could read
the paper and he could at least be out to see what was going on in the
house.  When I got up to go to the kitchen, I came back in the room and
he'd jumped off the couch and was walking across the floor just fine, as
if nothing had ever happened.

I called All Creatures and told Nancy and she said to basically keep an
eye on him and call her back tomorrow.  I don't know if I am going to
give him more pred yet, I will see how he is tonight when I get home from
work and tomorrow.  I put him on the floor and left him walk around for
20 minutes and then I picked him up to hold him for a bit.  At first, he
wanted back down, but since he's my lap boy anyhow, he settled down and
left me hold him.

Thus far, back legs are still working properly.  I will be keeping a very
very close eye on him and I think if nothing else seems to go wrong
between now and Sat., we'll be making it to the Frolic.  Though right
now, it's all up in the air.  Keep your fingers crossed, all. : )

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wonder are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

"May it be you journey on
To light the day;
When the night is overcome