From:
Laura Ranalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 07:51:23 -0500
Hi Lara,

I am from Kitchener, and one day my boyfriend and I were shopping at the
mall in Guelph when we spotted a Pet Paradise across the street.  We went
in and I was surprised to find that it was dark inside, like the lighting
was really dim.  The animals were kept in a room at the back with a door.
The initial feeling I got from the place was that it was not very clean
as soon as I walked throught the front door.  As we approached the room
with the animals I kept saying to myself, "Please don't have any ferrets".
Well in a glass aquarium was this one poor little fella with the most
forlorned look on his face, not running around or the usual ferret
behaviours.  There was newspaper on the bottom of his cage, no toys, no
hammock.  The room he was in was full of squawking budgies, parrots and
other birds.  I was so disgusted, my boyfriend sped me out of there before
I had a chance to pull out my wallet and before he had a chance to make a
scene.  I don't understand why people who work in pet stores do not have
the pets best interest at heart or care about the animals.  My boyfriend
said "That's no Pet Paradise, that's Pet Hell!!".  We have gone back a
few times and luckily theyhave not had any more ferrets.  We never said
anything to the employees as they appear to be young and thought our
words would fall on deaf ears.

Laura, Mike
Max, Kiwi, Spook
Tazy at the bridge