From:
Laura Ranalli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:31:41 -0700
I have never responded to anyone's post regarding giving up their ferrets
for whatever reason.  It is not my place to say whose reasons are valid
and whose are not.  Anyone who has posted here to find a good home for
their pet has done so for what they believe is in the best interest of
their pet, and although we may not feel their reasons are justifiable, I
would never encourage anyone to give up their pet.  I do, however hope
this person does.  I couldn't imagine giving up my pets for anything, they
are my family and I am theirs.  I could not imagine them in someone elses
home, even if they are responsible people.  Pets are not disposable, they
are living creatures that rely on us to care for them and keep them from
harm, they bond with us.  They are not perfect, and I don't think this
person did their research.  I am actually afraid for these ferrets and
hope this person will at least take the responsibility to get them a
shelter as soon as possible.  I have my own little Ferret X, but as bad
as he may be some days, I just laugh because that's Max for ya!  and
am glad he ended up with me, I wouldn't trade him or give him up for
anything.  This person seems to have so much hatred for his or her pets
and I am sure they sense it, this is perhaps why these ferrets may be
acting up, although it just sounds like normal ferret behaviour in an
uneducated ferret owner's home to me.

Laura
Max, Kiwi & Spook
Taz at the bridge